As the Operations and Talent Acquisition Manager at InfoTrust, I frequently get asked, "what is your favorite thing about working at InfoTrust?"
Of course, I have been on the other side of the table and had to figure out if this position and company would be a good match for me. I knew that InfoTrust was awarded as one of the best places to work for several years, offered a fantastic benefits package and was a part of a growing industry.
But, when it came to deciding if InfoTrust was the right place for me, I was most attracted to the Core Values.
Now that I am on the team, I must say that I am very impressed by how the core values shine through in everything that we do. We don't just "talk the talk," we also "walk the walk".
However, there is one value that speaks the most to me and makes it easy for me to answer candidates with complete honesty - My favorite thing about working at InfoTrust is Ownership.
Let me explain:
Ownership in the Workplace
- Ownership is taking the initiative to bring about positive results.
- It means not waiting for others to act, and caring about the outcome as much as an owner of the company would.
- It is being accountable for the results of your actions - that are the of the highest quality and delivered in a timely manner.
- Taking ownership shows others that they can trust you to do the right thing.
Ownership means I have an obligation to the organization in terms of results, and that I have an obligation to act on the items that impact those results. I may have to assemble a team to help me bring about results, but ultimately, I must be accountable and own the results of my actions.
A Culture that Fosters Ownership
InfoTrust's Core Values are at the heart of creating an environment where employees feel empowered to act and bring about change. Because we have a culture that values ownership:
- I can make a difference within the organization (I am empowered to take initiative)
- I have the support of Alex, Michael and the rest of the leadership team (they know I will be accountable for my actions)
- I can chase down my passions and incorporate that into my position (My actions create positive results for myself and the organization)
- I feel trusted (because the team knows I will do the right thing)
Of course, I think that the other core values are important too. But, I know that each one of the InfoTrust employees is looking to make a difference, take on new challenges and always be developing themselves.
We all welcome taking ownership - and because of that, we are absolutely one of the best places to work!